Postdoctoral reappointments and transfers
- Reappointments in the first five years require only department-level approval. If the department does not send a reappointment letter to the postdoctoral scholar, the appointment is automatically renewed for another year.
- Templates for reappointment documents are provided. An electronic copy of the letter is required for record purposes (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Requests for the extension of appointments beyond five years require approval by the Office of Postdoctoral Education.
Transfer to another position
- If a postdoctoral scholar is later considered for a different full-time, benefit-eligible appointment, the recruiting process appropriate to the new position for an outside candidate must be followed to ensure proper affirmative action and diversity efforts.
- Exceptions to this requirement, based on compelling reasons, may only be granted by the Provost, who has delegated that approval authority to the Senior Associate Provost.